26.5.11

the beginning...

San Sebastian is an amazingly beautiful city. Yesterday, I learned that it is about 10 times as awesome when explored by bike.

I arrived here on May 16th to meet up with 9 others from VT. We spent last week in a whirlwind of working with students at a local school, playing fĂștbol, and practicing English with people of all ages. The rest of the team left at 4am this past Saturday to return to Blacksburg, so my solo adventure in Spain has begun. For the next 2 months plus a few days, I will be spending time with and getting to know Spanish and Basque people, teaching/practicing English with people here, climbing mountains, riding bikes, taking care of kids, swimming in the ocean, taking longs walks on the beach, and learning a little more about this culture every day.

This blog is going to be short and sweet, but will hopefully keep you updated on what God is doing in Spain this summer. Thank you so so much for all your prayers.

4 comments:

  1. yay! so glad. i am adding this to my blog list to check regularly. i am praying for you as you live out such a sweet adventure. keep it real, homes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait to hear more from you as you continue your adventures in Spain! I too will be praying for you and I can't wait to see you when you get back to hear about all the adventures you've had

    ReplyDelete
  3. aahhh!!! this sounds ssoo amazing!!! more than I thought!! biking, climbing, swimming, strolling

    btdubs, i've booked marked this and an gonna read it every night for a bed time story =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for everything that you're doing in Spain! I will def be keeping up with your blog and praying for you! :)

    How did Spanish class go?

    ReplyDelete